Monday 25 July 2016

Future Perfect Continuous tense

FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS



FORM

The future perfect continuous is composed of two elements
the future perfect of the verb "to be" (will have been) + the present participle of the main verb (base + ing)
Subject+ will have been+ present participle
Hewill have beenplaying.
Iwill have beenplaying.
TO LIVE, FUTURE PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
AffirmativeNegativeInterrogativeNegative Interrogative
I will have been livingI won't have been livingWill I have been living?Won't I have been living?
You will have been livingYou won't have been livingWill you have been living?Won't you have been living?
He will have been livingHe won't have been livingWill he have been living?Won't he have been living?
We will have been livingWe won't have been livingWill we have been living?Won't we have been living?
They will have been livingThey won't have been livingWill they have been living?Won't they have been living?

FUNCTION:

Like the future perfect simple, this form is used to project ourselves forward in time and to look back. It refers to events or actions in a time between now and some future time are unfinished. It is most often used with a time expression.
EXAMPLES
  • I will have been waiting here for three hours by six o'clock.
  • By 2001 I will have been living in London for sixteen years.
  • When I finish this course, I will have been learning English for twenty years.
  • Next year I will have been working here for four years.
  • When I come at 6:00, will you have been practicing long?

0 comments:

Post a Comment