Monday 25 July 2016

Simple Future tense

                            Simple Future tense

Uses:

  • To predict a future event:
    It will rain tomorrow.
  • With I or We, to express a spontaneous decision:
    I'll pay for the tickets by credit card.
  • To express willingness: I'll do the washing-up.
    He'll carry your bag for you.
  • In the negative form, to express unwillingness:
    The baby won't eat his soup.
    won't leave until I've seen the manager!
  • With I in the interrogative form using "shall", to make an offer:
    Shall I open the window?
  • With we in the interrogative form using "shall", to make a suggestion:
    Shall we go to the cinema tonight?
  • With I in the interrogative form using "shall", to ask for advice or instructions:
    What shall I tell the boss about this money?
  • With you, to give orders:
    You will do exactly as I say.
  • With you in the interrogative form, to give an invitation:
    Will you come to the dance with me?
    Will you marry me?

                         Structure of sentence

Positive sentence:

        • Subject + auxiliary verb + main verb (present participle) + object
       • Subject + will + (1st form of verb or base form +ing) + object 


Examples.

  •        I will buy a computer tomorrow.
  •        They will come here.

Negative sentence:

        • Subject + auxiliary verb+ not + main verb (present participle) + object
      • Subject + will +not + (1st form of verb or base form +ing) + object 
   

     To make negative sentence “not” is written after auxiliary verb in sentence.


Examples.
  •        I will not buy a computer tomorrow.
  •        They will not come here.

Interrogative sentence:

        • Auxiliary verb + subject + main verb (present participle) + object
      • Will + subject + (1st form of verb or base form +ing) + object


Interrogative sentence starts with auxiliary verb “will”


Examples.
  •       Will I buy a computer tomorrow?
  •       Will they come here?

0 comments:

Post a Comment